Friday, May 15, 2009

Who are you and where is my Husband?!?!?!?!

When I married Ryan he had the classic return missionary look, which is natural since he had just gotten home from his mission. I got him to get rid of the side part but throughout the years he kept the clean shaven look. Well for the past 3 years Ryan has helped out in Cheryl's School of Dance Nutcracker, so from August until the 3rd week of December his smooth face is adorned with a beard. Now don't get me wrong I actually LOVE his beard. So last year December came and went and the beard stayed, Ryan tried repeatedly to shave it but Nathan and I always begged him to keep it, and even though he hated it he keep it for me and the little guy. Well with the upcoming birth of this baby girl I read somewhere that newborns are usually scared of men with facial hair because their eyesight is not fully developed, but it was never a proven fact just a theory. That was enough for Ryan he saw his golden opportunity and last Saturday the beard came off. It was kind of weird, I was so used to seeing the scruffy manly beard for almost a year now, and then here was this handsome smooth face. The next morning I was a bit startled by the face next to me in bed. But I think the shock has finally worn off, and I'm back to falling in love again with my clean shaven honey.
Before the big shave.
The only way Nathan let him shave was if he could help.
Focusing on the job.
Almost there. Looks like he got into a fight with a lawmower.
Ryan does the final step.
Tada!! The finished product.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Wow, it's like a new husband! Josh is growing his hair out, and although I don't say much, I love the shorter version when he was also back on the mish!

Aweir said...

Hey Priscilla! I see Ryan is ready, so where the heck is that baby!?!

amberd. said...

Was the big shave in preparation for the babies arrival? Were you afraid Ryan might scare poor baby girl? LOL! Looks good Ryan...you were looking a bit caveman-ish.

I happen to be a fan of facial hair though. I make my husband keep it. haha!