Friday, May 22, 2009

Elizabeth Faye is finally here!!

I usually have my kids at least 2 weeks before my due date but this little girl decided to make me wait way to long. Last Saturday I started getting frustrated with my home cleanliness, so I began to clean and clean and clean. I finally stopped cleaning around 10:30 at night because Ryan made me sit down and watch a movie with him. We often watch movies late on Saturday nights because our kids are asleep and we don't have church until 11 the next morning. Well at 12:30 a.m. I started to get a few contractions but nothing too big but I had a feeling like I was not going to make it to church, so I showered and told Ryan that he should too. We finally ended up going to bed around 1 in the morning. An hour later I started getting contractions that would not let me sleep so I decided to just clam down and start timing them. Finally at 3 I decided that these were definitely labor contractions and we needed to get to the hospital so I wake my hubby up and tell him we need to get ready to go, to which he replies: "You sure we can't wait till morning?" . So I tell him to go back to bed and we will see how bad they get, finally 30 min. later I know we have to go. There was no way I was going to miss my epidural!! We get to the hospital and after an hour of observation the nurse decides I am in labor. (Like I didn't let her know that already!!!) I quickly tell her to get the anesthesiologist but at the time he was in an emergency c-section. So I calmly ask her to please bring him to my room right when he is done with surgery. Well apparently Saturday was c-section day and nobody told me about it. He finally comes to my room at around 9:30-10 o'clock and I'm already at a 7. I barely made it and apparently according to the anesthesiologist I have a high pain tolerance which I thought oh that's nice but give me my shot. At around 11 I tell Ryan that I feel a bit a pressure and from previous experience we know to call a nurse, well sure enough I was at a 10 and ready to go. So finally two pushes later at 11:50 my little princess was born. With a perfect round head, chubby cheeks, a head full of hair, and perfect in every way. I love this little girl so much already she sure was worth the wait.

Elizabeth Faye born at 11:50 a.m.
She already has daddy around her little finger.
Proud parents. (Sorry for my appearance in this pic.)

My mom and dad with their 2nd granddaughter.
Mewma with her 2nd granddaughter.
Little princess.
Mom has begun the pink OD. (Thanks Megan for helping.)
Isaac finally liked her on the second day.
Her going home outfit.
Nathan loving his little sister.

7 comments:

Maren said...

Congrats Priscilla! She really is beautiful!

Sarah Brown said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her in person.

The Ashdowns said...

It only took you two pushes?! Lucky. :P She's precious, congratulations!

Ted said...

Congrats to you and Ryan. She's beautiful. Ted

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful- I can't wait to see her. What cute little girl things has too!

amberd. said...

HHAHAA! LOVING the gInORMouS pink Flower in her hair! (Or attached to her head!) That is GREAT!

congrats guys! She is darling!

Megan said...

CONGRATSSS!!! She is so cute!!