Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving!!!

Last Sunday we finally got to carve our pumpkin. It was one of the few hours we had when Ryan wasn't practicing for something! Nathan was super exited because he got to pick out the pumpkin and i was right behind him in the excitement meter because this was the first time I was going to carve a pumpkin. But since I'm not good at ALL with knifes I let Ryan do all the carving while I supervised. We tried to take turns letting the boys clean out the inside of the pumpkin but Nathan totally refused to stick his hand in the pumpkin, Isaac would a finger in the pumpkin and scream "EEWWW!!!", Benjamin was the only one of the kiddos to take some of the "guts" out but he was totally disgusted throughout the whole ordeal. So the cleaning was left up to Ryan and I (Ryan did most of the cleaning). After the whole carving I decided to be a good mom and clean out the seeds so we could toast them and enjoy them. Unfortunately I toasted them a bit to much, so Nathan, Isaac, and I are the only ones enjoying the semi burnt seeds.
Let the carving begin!! Nathan "helping Ryan".



EEWW was shouted by all three boys!!

Benjamin totally disgusted by having to clean out the pumpkin!!

Isaac barely getting his finger in the pumpkin.



YUMMY!!! Does this say anything about my cooking???


TA DA!!!! Good pumpkin carving honey!!!

1 comment:

amberd. said...

Oh look! Your pumpkin has a scrinchy happy face ! haha! Awesome. The guts part is pretty gross. My hubby was out of town...so I got to clean out 3 pumpkins! Blah!